The eCollaboration Forum is SOLD OUT!
The reports and previews are describing the eCollaboration Forum as a must-see session at HIMSS12:
- HITECH Answers:What will be the buzz at HIMSS 2012?
- O’Reilly Media: Preview of HIMSS 2012, Collaboration, trust in platforms, and application of social media are key health IT trends.
- Open Health News: eCollaboration Forum Takes Center Stage at HIMSS Conference in Vegas
Looking forward to many much more news and reviews during HIMSS12 on what looks like a great one.
Hope to see you there on online!
Venetian Hotel – Casanova 502
7:00am – Buffet Breakfast
8:00am – Opening Keynote eCollaboration: Think Globally, Act Locally, Put the Patient First
Emerging strategies for care coordination in the era of information overload
- John Mattison, MD, Assistant Medical Director, Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente
8:30am – Chairman’s Opening Remarks
8:45am – Supporting New Models of Care Through Collaboration with States & Vendors
Innovative tools are needed to support new models of care delivery driven by quality initiatives and payment reform. A unique consortium of states, EHR vendors, and HIE have come together to drive towards standardization of a platform that will enable the development of new applications and tools.
- Dave Whitlinger, Executive Director, New York eHealth Collaborative
9:15am – Collaborative Care: An Economic Imperative for Care Delivery Systems
Care delivery costs are rising; Patient Center Medical Home (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) reforms are looming. Collaborative workflow can help you manage the combined pressures to reform.
- Mark Blatt, Worldwide Medical Director, Intel Corporation
9:45am – Networking Break
10:05am – Platform Innovation in an ‘Open’ Environment
Open platforms. Open data. What does open mean? How do different levels of “open-ness” lead to different kinds of innovation?
- Moderator: Scott Barclay, Chief Strategy Officer, Surescripts
- Robert M. Kolodner, MD, Chief Health Informatics Officer, Open Health Tools
- Bettina Experton, MD, MPH, Founder and CEO, Humetrix
- Josh Mandel, MD, Lead Architect, SMART, Harvard Medical School
10:45am – Health IT Platforms and Accountable Care
- Farzad Mostashari, MD, ScM, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
11:15am – New Risks & Rewards – How Health IT Supports the Changing Business of Healthcare
Payers have long played a part in the development of health IT innovation. As we trend toward interoperable health IT infrastructure, what role will payers play?
- Moderator: Jeremy Nobel, M.D., M.P.H., Medical Director, Northeast Business Group on Health
- Joseph Miller, Director, eBusiness, AmeriHealth Mercy
- Richard Migliori, MD, Executive Vice President, Business Initiatives & Clinical Affairs, Chief Healthcare Officer, UnitedHealth Group Alliances
- Sherri Zink, Vice President, Medical Informatics, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
12:00pm – Networking Lunch
1:00pm – Interoperability: It’s Not Just Technical, It’s Personal
- Moderator: West Shell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Healthline
- ePatient Dave deBronkart, Chair, Society for Participatory Medicine; patient engagement advocate
- Meg McCabe, Head of Consumer Solutions, Aetna
- David Rowe, Global Director of Consumer Product Marketing, GE Healthcare IT
1:40pm – The Cloud as a Platform (for Platforms)
The cloud is rapidly becoming the infrastructure on which platforms live, for cost, security and reliability. What does this mean for healthcare?
- Jinesh Varia, Technology Evangelist, Amazon Web Services
2:10pm – Platform as a Strategy for Healthcare: Salesforce
One of the most successful platforms in the world, Salesforce, does over 300 million transactions a day via APIs. Salesforce’s Director of Health Strategy sits down with the CEO of upstart eVariant to discuss how to leverage this kind of power as a healthcare strategy.. and why it’s an inevitable shift in health IT.
- Joshua Newman, MD, MSHS, Director of Product Management and Health Strategy, Salesforce.com
- William Moschella, Co-founder, CEO, eVariant
2:40pm – Developing Trust in the Health Internet as a Platform
Effective exchange of any resource requires deep trust, following from the right architecture and the right rules. What tools, technologies and rules must we decide upon to establish trust in the internet as the platform for health care?
- Moderator: Brian Ahier, Health IT Evangelist, Mid-Columbia Medical Center
- David C. Kibbe, MD MBA, Senior Advisor, American Academy of Family Physicians; Principal, The Kibbe Group LLC
- Jonathan Hare, Chairman, Resilient Network Systems
- Scott Rea, Vice President GOV/EDU Relations and Senior PKI Architect, DigiCert
3:20pm – Afternoon Break
3:40pm – View from the Edge: Driving Innovation in Shifting the Center of Health IT
- Esther Dyson, Principal, EDventure Holdings
- Jordan Shlain, MD, CEO, HealthLoop
- Brian Prestwich, MD, USC Keck School of Medicine
- Rushika Fernandopulle, MD, President, Iora Health
4:30pm – The Future of Health Platforms
Drawing upon lessons learned from outside health care, explore the future of platform technologies and business ecosystems in the future of care delivery and care coordination.
- Vince Kuraitis, Principal, Better Health Technologies, LLC
- Shahid N. Shah, M.Sc. CEO, Netspective; Blogger, HealthcareGuy.com
5:00p – Closing Remarks and Program Adjournment