We seek to promote the use of new health care platform architectures of participation, which include:
- Use of the Internet and the Web for EHR technology.
- Explicit design for information sharing and online communication among providers and patients/consumers.
- A modular or component architecture upon which applications can be aggregated to meet specific clinical and workflow tasks.
- Patient/consumer engagement tools that facilitate ongoing health management and care coordination.
- Interface and data exchange standards for information sharing that emerge in a market-driven manner.
Applications can be distributed as software or as software-as-a-service, can be installable or downloadable applications, and/or can run in a browser, and are intended to support today’s dynamic health care environment by supplying the right information, at the right time and the right place.